What is Baptism?
Baptism is the outward expression of your inward decision to
follow Jesus Christ. Baptism symbolizes going from death to life. In Romans
6, we are taught that in the same way Jesus died and was buried, our old way of
life is put to death and buried with Him as we are submerged under water. Then,
like Christ, we come out of the water to new life and new way of living just as
Jesus resurrected to new life on the third day. This public faith ceremony
allows us as Christians to individually follow and surrender to Jesus’ example
Baptism is a significant step in the faith journey for your child. We would love to celebrate this moment with you as a family. Our next baptism service will be Sunday, December 6th. In order to prepare your child, we ask that you complete the following steps:
- Complete the form below to register for baptism. Please register each child wishing to participate.
- Save the Dates:
- Sunday November 29, 6:30-7pm: Information Meeting
- Sunday December 6, 9:30am & 11am: Baptism Service
- Download and print this Parent Packet. Part of the packet instructs you to watch a video, which can be found at the bottom of this page for your convenience.
- Invite your friends and family! You can print out invitations from here or contact the church office to get copies.
- *Students: once each semester we offer a six-week High School Rooted small group experience. We recommend that 9-12th graders consider participating in this opportunity, which would end with a Baptism Celebration opportunity if they wished.