Last year, we developed a partnership with Redding Elementary School to provide basic student/teacher needs beyond the scope of their resources. We are continuing to build on that partnership this year as well. The school is in need of daily snacks and water for 220 children per day due to COVID-19. These 1st and 5th graders will be eating lunch either extremely early or extremely late as the cafeteria must be cleaned in between each group of students, and they need a snack to keep up their energy!
Updated list of items needed (as of August 18):
- Prepackaged snacks - pretzels, chips, goldfish, cookies, granola bars, cheese & crackers, etc. Please no snacks that contain peanut butter or peanuts or requires refrigeration.
- 3 oz. disposable cups for use in the classrooms
- Packages of underwear – sizes 5, 6, 7 & 8 (both boys & girls)
- Disposable masks – child size
**They have enough water bottles for the time being – we will update the list of needed items periodically. Thanks!
There are three easy ways to participate:
- Order through Amazon and have items shipped to The Point. We have created an easy to use The Point – Redding Snacks list on Amazon at the following link: https://a.co/0c7fqeD. You can easily order and pay for items and then select The Point – Redding as your delivery address and your order will be shipped directly to The Point.
- Purchase items and drop off donations at The Point. There will be a tub located inside the main entrance door throughout the week and in the lobby on Sundays.
- Donate money and The Point will purchase the items for you. Just write “Redding Snacks” on the memo portion of your check.
This is a great way to show that we are FOR Seymour. Your contribution will make a huge difference!!!!!!!!!!